Portland PEXLDF Anthracite Smooth Facade Brick Slip - 365mm x 14mm x 52mm
365mm x 14mm x 52mm Portland PEXLDF Natural Anthracite Brick Slips are designed to replicate the look of masonry that can be glued directly to substrate or fitted to a backing board. They are lightweight compared to bricks and have an unusual Anthracite colour of muted black, a smooth face and are highly resistant to external factors, including water, frost, wind and fire. These clinker bricks are denser, heavier than standard bricks and gives out a metallic sound they make when struck together. They are suitable for both contemporary and traditional projects. Installing brick slips is cheaper and is a great way to upgrade existing walls without adding too much thickness.
- Natural look,
- Easy to handle and install,
- Less labour intensive,
- Reduce wall thickness,
- High frost resistance,
- Acid resistant,
- Alkali resistant,
- Reaction to fire Class A1
- On external walls,
- On internal walls,
- On proprietary cladding systems,
- On rigid backer boards,
- On external wall insulating systems.
- Ensure that both the surface to install and brick surfaces are dust free and dry.
- Mounting brick slips should be started at the most visible outside corner.
- The grout should be mixed with clean water in a clean container using a high speed shear mixer.
- Avoid brushing the brickwork too soon as this may leave brush marks in the mortar.
- After completion of the job wash the surface with clean water and a hard bristle brush.
- Ensure that staining does not occur.
- Cleaning of the grout should not be carried out until the mortar has properly cured.