6mm Cembrit HD - Heavy Duty Base Board for External Applications - 2500mm x 1250mm
6mm Cembrit HD is a strong, durable, impact resistant homogeneous fibre-cement base board for external facade applications. It is a uncoated, untreated high density board of natural grey colour that can be used as a cladding board that can withstand extreme climatic situations. Cembrit HD can be painted or left in its natural grey colour. It is also used in a ventilated cladding applications. It is composed of natural materials and would resist rot and fungus. Cembrit HD combines value for money with environmental awareness, making it ideal for contemporary buildings.
- Made from a naturally occurring resource,
- Quick and easy to install,
- Easily cut by scribing and breaking,
- Fire rated Euroclass A2,
- Water resistant,
- Mould resistant,
- Nail or screw fixed,
- Can be left exposed,
- Can be pressure washed,
- Manufactured environmentally friendly,
- Does not contain dangerous additives.
- Steel frame structures,
- Timber frame structures,
- Ventilated cladding,
- Curtain walling,
- Balcony fronts.
- Generally fitted portrait format to timber or steel uprights at 40cm or 60cm centres.
- On timber uprights holes should be 3mm diameter larger than the screw diameter, and a minimum of 25mm from the long edge, 75mm from the short edge.
- On steel uprights, holes should be 3mm diameter larger than the screw diameter and a minimum of 30mm from the long edge, 100mm from the short edge.
- The installed boards should be left for two weeks to acclimatise before paint is applied.
- Alkali resistant paint or standard emulsion could be applied over a cement sealer.
- Reaction to fire - Classified as A2 S1-d0 EN 13501-1:2002